Newbie says hello.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by AbaddonDrums, Sep 9, 2017.

1. AbaddonDrums

AbaddonDrums Wanderer

Hi everyone. :)
    26 years old introvert guy here. First and foremost, I have to say sorry if my messages will be hard to read, english is not my native language, I'll try my best to be as clear as possible.

So, I decided to join this forum because I thought contact with other people more experienced in OOBE/LD will help me with my own growth. I think I am a weird case, I'm trying to study this experiences for couple of years now but I haven't got past occasional Lucid Dreams. It all began exactly because I gained awareness spontaneously in a dream. I was very confused at first but also excited to know more about this. But even after all these years, I just cannot break past through simple and short LD's. I want to travel further than that. I thought speaking to You may be my solution.

I'm looking forward to taking part in some interesting conversations. :)

2. novice

novice Navigator Staff Member

Welcome, AbaddonDrums!
    Lucid dreams are a great way to start, actually. Being able to get lucid is half the problem. The other half is staying lucid. ;)

Have you ever heard of phasing or shifting? Here are a few threads where we discuss this. Feel free to reply here or on one of those threads.

http://www.explorations-in-consciou...reads/a-deeper-understanding.5155/#post-22680

http://www.explorations-in-consciou...threads/visualization-method.5503/#post-29077

You should start keeping a dream journal, this will help your consciousness focus more on remembering dreams. Also, throughout the day start doing reality checks. It can be something like checking the time on your watch and then immediately checking again (numbers and letters always shift). Personally I prefer either pushing my hand through a wall or floating. If I can do either one of those, I'm dreaming. Practice doing these during the day when you're wide awake and you'll start doing them while dreaming out of habit.

Once you're lucid, you can phase (or shift your awareness) to anything else by focusing solely on your destination. If you want to visit your mother, focus all of your attention on her - not a single stray thought to anything else - and you'll perceive the dreamscape shift or drop away. After what feels like seconds your environment will stabilize and if you look around you should see your mother. You have now just phased!

AbaddonDrums and MissUnderstood like this.
  3. subtle traveler

subtle traveler Vanguard

Welcome to the forum!

Your English is good. Know that there are people from various parts of the world here (South America, Europe, US).

AbaddonDrums likes this.
  4. Plume

Plume Trailblazer

Bienvenue Abadondrum,
    Just like all the good advice you will get here the biggest step you did is beleiving that it is possible and becoming aware , yes staying lucid is the other half or more , but also progressing will depend on many factors. Like how much you practice and the state of mind your are in.
    I think about it everyday because this journey open up all kinds of learning that is not only related to out of body experiences. You will discover that this is a very empowering way to know yourself and how amazing we are and actually do thing that we never thought we can. Take this seriously and let it go where it will lead you without to much forcing but lots of excitement and joy.
    Journaling and playing reality checks throught day will help a lot.
    Don't worry about your english, I am still making tons of mistakes and beleive that it only will get better the more I write.
    Something really important putting words on paper when you want to grow in any form of journey...
    Plume

AbaddonDrums and Nameless like this.
  5. Sinera

Sinera Seeker

Welcome. Your English is great! (I'm a non-native speaker myself, you are not alone here ;)).

AbaddonDrums likes this.
  6. Bee

Bee Navigator Staff Member

Hi there AbaddonDrums

Welcome to the forum;)

Bee

AbaddonDrums likes this.
  7. Nameless

Nameless Voyager

Hi and welcome to the forum!!

AbaddonDrums likes this.
  8. AbaddonDrums

AbaddonDrums Wanderer

novice:
    I am writing in my dream journal since the beginning, with couple breaks. I think if I'd sum up all of my dreams I wrote down, it would be around 400 of them. I do Reality Checks every day, breathing through plugged nose, watching my hands, trying to levitate, switching lights on and off, all standards. Sometimes I'll try to spawn someone in my room or force a situation to happen. Recently I'm trying to do 4+1 method but there comes a different problem with that, which I'm about to describe later. But despite all that, my dream journal seems very unbalanced. I can have dreams that I can write for hours and then suddenly, boom, three days with blanks. Nothing happens, or I'll have huge problems to remember even a tiniest bit of information. Then again, fine for some time, and another drop, a loss of memory, a cycle. And that's when I'm losing the motivation very fast. Sometimes it feels like "astral/dream world" doesn't want me to remember. And I'm really tired of writing about normal dreams, about nonsense. I want to go forward, I want to just move on. Discover something more. I'm definitely going to read all of what's in the links You sent me. I'm also reading R.Monroe trilogy again. I never read it to the end but I plan to do so now.

subtle traveler:
    That's very good to know. I'm happy about that. :D

Plume:
    Journaling and reality checks are my daily routine, but... "forcing things", that actually may be my issue. Because I've spent soooo much time on this already. I guess I am very impatient. I expected to have some decent results, some meaningful explorations earlier, and now I am dissapointed that it's taking so long.

Nameless likes this.
  9. Plume

Plume Trailblazer

Yes o_O patience is a must that is for sure,
    I have been doing once a week a morning session and they have no change much.
    But the will and desire should keep you motivated.
    I am sure you will find a balance but keep a firm discipline that you have create and make it simple. I have tendency to try to many things at once but my determination has given me lots of interesting experiences that tell me to just keep going and go with the flow.
    It does requires devotion and this is a reason many give up any form of meditation or trying to go within.
    I beleive the benefit are much more then what you expect and want to see.
    :)

AbaddonDrums likes this.
  10. novice

Wow. I only do levitating and occasionnaly push through the wall. Doing so many techniques, I wonder if you've reached a point of diminishing return. Meaning doing so many different techniques minimizes or reduces the likilihood of a trigger. If you've been doing all of them and not seeing any improvement in the quantity or quality of your lucidity, then I suggest you choose only 1 technique. Do only that one technique periodically throughout the day for a month and see if your lucidity improves.

The second link I sent, the visualization method, will help you reach non-physical awareness without lucid dreaming or experiencing an OBE.

11. subtle traveler

subtle traveler Vanguard

I agree with what Novice is suggesting ... and I can suggest another way to look at it ... it is about "being aware" not "doing awareness"

12. novice

Exactly. I wanted to say that but you did a much better.

AbaddonDrums and subtle traveler like this.
  13. subtle traveler

subtle traveler Vanguard

well, thanks for that ... I doubt if my comment would have come forth without your set up ... let's call it team work.

AbaddonDrums likes this.
  14. AbaddonDrums

AbaddonDrums Wanderer

Oh, no no, I'm not doing all of the techniques I mentioned above. Not all of them at once. :D I got my first intentional lucid dream with hands pushing through the glass. I switched the techniques a few times already, now I am using the plugged nose to see if that's better and I already got lucid thanks to that, but only once, because I started doing it just recently. I have a lucid dream few times a month when I am more active with my journal. ...but still, that''s not enough for me. I need more haha. :D

So, if I understand all of this correctly, "being aware" means I should live in "now", focus on what I am currently doing and how I do it, direct all of my senses to it, rather than drifting away in my thoughts and then occasionally doing my reality checks, like 6-8 times a day? Because I tend to do that often, while doing my work or playing games I drift away, I'm lost in the moment. It's only after turning away from the screen I'm like: "Oh, okay, time for a reality check".

I will try visualizing "My place" and shifting to it like Novice suggested even though there are a lot of questions I have about that. I'm curious about the results. One thing, can I help myself with some audio on headphones? For example, some nature sounds? Or is it better to also create those sounds myself?

15. novice

I've never used any outside influence as I would personally find it distracting. However, if it's only nature sounds, it may not be a problem. It may act similarly to the gateway tapes.

I prefer to create everything internally as it draws me away from the physical. But you need to do what works best for you.

AbaddonDrums likes this.
  16. subtle traveler

subtle traveler Vanguard

I might suggest exploring using audio if it helps to calm you and relax your body - BUT that is only if you are not distracted mentally by the music.

I use sound recordings daily (for all sorts of things). There are legitimate sound recordings which can alter and/or align the brain hemispheres like hemi-sync from the Monroe Institute. They can be helpful in reaching altered states of consciousness, HOWEVER learning about them could quickly "take you away from" or "prevent you from experiencing" what Novice has suggested to you about phasing. Therefore, if you can relax your body without sound assistance, I would suggest trying first what Novice has suggested to you without sound. The less physical inputs (e.g., like sound in your ears), the more likely you will eventually notice and experience the non-physical states of consciousness we have access to.

Reaching an altered state is generally about detaching from the body's physical sensations, and then noticing what is beyond the physical body and biological brain.

So, again, whatever works best for you.

AbaddonDrums likes this.
  17. AbaddonDrums

AbaddonDrums Wanderer

Got it. I will try it without any assistance.

Okay so I think to not make this thread too chaotic I'll create a new one with the topic I want to touch upon, if there isn't one already.
    Thanks again everyone for the warm welcoming. :D

subtle traveler likes this.
  18. Karin

Karin Trailblazer

Hi, welcome to this forum, AbaddonDrums! :)

AbaddonDrums likes this.