Myths on altered states of consciousness

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rkks, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Rkks

Rkks Seeker

So I was startled the other day, due to the relatively low amount of experienced people in this areas, most new readers (including myself from not so long) to the subject of lucid dreaming, out-body-experiences, astral projection, are not aware of the facts, myths and loopholes that guard the fluidness of this topic from... most dedicated practitioners, or hermits of the art. So, in order to produce some useful information here, I'll try to bring the veil down a little to what's true and what's not, or what needs to remain uncertain, to try and encompass most of the fears, mistakes, false assumptions, and wrong doings of many in the early stage attempting to project, or lucid dream, or go out-of-body, since, it is apparent that many new tend to focus on this factors at first (and I was not the exception) so I'll start with some myths here, please anyone fell free to add to the list, so I can keep on editing this post with due credit to the idea. I'll start by posting one of them, and daily will think of more to add, I’ve got a fair share of them written down somewhere. Before starting, I want to state that I do not wish to produce any kind of information that goes about spreading fear to people, only a useful tool for anyone to find and gather from the insights whatever comes to benefit his or her journey.

Myth #1 The traveler who lost his minds

Throughout the world wide web, there are accounts of many people from different countries sharing their stories, some just want to share it to however comes across and finds it beneficial, others enjoy giving someone who comes about their post a good scary time, among other reasons this two tend to predominate, and whatever else falls in the gap between this two extremes is like counting in between degrees of temperature.

Some of this accounts explain of projectors who have come and go about losing their minds, they believed that traveling unaided, unguided in the astral or non-physical realms, without a proper focus in protection would bring them close to entities capable of make them lose their minds, this is rather a wide statement, since the non-physical is so unfathomably big, but the links to different accounts remain, and this cannot be dismissed a s simple coincidence. For anyone here, take into account this is only a myth, and the people producing /spreading this myth are the kind of superstitious people that believe in things like ‘don’t drink from aluminum cans or you’ll get bad luck’; ‘don’t speak with a ghost if you see one or you’ll get Alzheimer and forget you saw it’; ‘don’t try to scare a lost soul or it will haunt you forever’; ‘if you see an underworld creature it will scare you so bad your hair will turn white and you’ll become old at once’ among some other sayings around…

To finish with this myth, there are no claims of this being false or it being true, most articles coming from whatever source are there for the reader to enjoy, and few comments have ever being made by practitioners of the art regarding the above, they tend to simply dismiss it and put it aside, others may fall for the scary vibes of it unaware, whatever way it goes, the fact remains that the same article has never been claimed to be false by the author who wrote, not even in a faint attempt to excuse himself/herself to the readers, so the truth remains uncertain.

Nameless, Bee and Plume like this.
  2. Plume

Plume Vanguard

Rkks,
    so much fear spread, :cool:story are fun to read but most serious explore needs to be trusting there own strength and know who they are and what they believe. I think it is the major obstacle of the new explorer, you have to be patiente and take it as a chance to reflect on your beliefs, grow with it, create a healthy attitude in your waking hour so it can spill over throught the night adventures, be very passionate to reach your higher self and be ready to face some fear so you can shed light on. It does take a bit of dipping the toes in the water to feel how warm or cold it is.
    The subject fascinates me greatly and the possibilities are what drive me to invest into the arts of meditation, connecting to subtle realms and many other thing related. I hope that enough experienced dreamers and explorer will influence the new one to this art. It is A good reason to create as much data shared here or other places to balance all the possibilities. Any serious person who spend the time researching will see how much you get from how you invest yourself .
    Robert Peterson recommend to be passionate and read a lot on the subject, I have done just that over the last couple of years and I came to realize how much our own beliefs is what will lead us to all kind of worlds and realms. That alone is amazing to help anyone grow, expand and learn the mystery of this universe, maybe we will never be able to see all but that might not be the point, the patterns is showing and giving us a lot to contemplate and create with it.
    Anyway :rolleyes: I am sounding way to serious here it hurts ...o_O I have to go do something silly :D
    ;)
    Thanks for being also a passionate dreamer. :)
    So nice to have you around. :D

Rkks, Nameless and Bee like this.
  3. Nameless

Nameless Voyager

Fear - it will color your experience but that is all. Learn from it, grow from it and put it aside. You are the master of your experience and no one or nothing can take that away from you without your permission. Tread with passion, love and respect and remember to always be kind.

Rkks likes this.
  4. Rkks

Rkks Seeker

Plume!:D I knew it! I sound like a fear preacher guy, it is not my intention though, I know it probably spoils the party for everyone reading on site, I was just curious since I saw a movie where the guy was writing a book a of detective trying to solve a case while having alzheimer, so there it was, the myth, the idea I mentioned above knocking at my door again, I never let those in but I do spend some time taking a good look at them through the magic eye lol
    I’ll instead try and gather some of the positive myths, those that the wheel of civilization passes on and on and see how they develop here. There is just so many on them on all cultures I gotta hunt for them now before making a list here.

Nameless, yes, what you say above comes in handy, the simpler the better, it really takes for a man to lose all its wants and desires to see what it's really made of and what it really wants, you remind me that fear is a lie.

One more thing, if fear were a lack of color, both of you really know how to widely paint all kinds of colors upon the black canvases of peoples perspectives, warm words from both can only stem from big and warm hearts. Woman are like a sublime blessing, no, they have to be, they must be, or all man would have gone astray long long ago in out little intellectual color lacking bubbles, including myself lol:)

Nameless and Plume like this.
  5. Plume

Plume Vanguard

:D Rkks,
    All observation are good and needed, I do not believe in censured material for the reason we live in duality more often then not, everyone has a place in the sun :)
    Thank you , so sweet to women ;) there is a lucky one out there for you ...
    You paint a pretty good picture too.

6. Rkks

Rkks Seeker

Hahaha Plume, not that I'm thinking about that now, but it reminds me of a man who said he had forsaken everything and would not marry until he had found his high priestess, I guess I too, like that idea lolo_O

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017 at 1:07 PM
    Plume likes this.