Metaphysical hot flashes??

Discussion in 'Experiences in Physical Reality' started by novice, Mar 14, 2017.

1. novice

novice Navigator Staff Member

The guys can feel free to ignore this post if it makes them uncomfortable.

I'm 49 and have been peri-menopausel for a few years now. I haven't had the typical hot flashes you see characterized on tv and movies. However, for the past 2 years I've been getting night sweats. Once or twice in the middle of sleep I'll get ridiculously hot. What I've noticed, though, is that all of this heat comes directly from the 'V' at the base of my sternam. This is the location of a minor chakra. The heat always radiates from this, like a furnace, and I can feel it gently pulsing at the same time. When the pulsing stops, the heat drops back to normal and my 'night sweat' is over.

I've been debating on posting this and finally decided to do it. I wonder if other woman have had similar experiences. And I wonder if what I'm experiencing is really menopause-related or if it's metaphysical. Or is it both? Are the hot flashes associated with menopause caused by non-physical things like chakras kicking in? Or are they hormonal and I'm just weird because my hormones aren't bothering me just non-physical energy rushes.

Karin and Bee like this.
  2. Bee

Bee Navigator Staff Member

Hi novice,

Mrs B has been the same for about 8 months. I can't say what the metaphysical side of it is, as she tends to poo poo all of that. The strong night sweats have been a bane for some time, had been taking all kinds of supplements. She did quite a bit of reading up as the doctors weren't very helpful to be honest. Anyway the best thing she found for her night sweats was to sleep with only very light bed clothing and a light duvet. She did have a blanket also (winter), but that was part of the problem.

Dunno if that helps at all?

But I'll ask her in a covert way if she noticed any heat from that specific area.

S

novice likes this.
  3. subtle traveler

subtle traveler Vanguard

First ... sorry to hear about your challenge ... based on what women friends have told me about their experiences with this, it is definitely a physical malady ... and not fun. Some commented that a single sheet was all they could tolerate as covering (if that) for sleep.

Fwiw ... I can also share that the 3rd chakra does connect energetically to the 3rd level of other (non-physical) dimensions ... my understanding is that this is a key feature of the solar plex (3rd) human energy center ... however I cannot qualify whether this applies to your situation.

The 3rd chakra is also a way to power up other parts of the energy body, so it can bring more energy to other parts of the body.

I had an idea. Have you considered meeting with a qualified medical intuitive (e.g., there quite a few out there now) to get a non-physical reading?

4. Plume

Plume Vanguard

Interesting Novice,
    I was thinking about that not long ago, because of my age 51 , the menopause symptoms did not bother me, only a bit last year. It all happen in one year and now I get no more heat rushes which were so mild almost unoticable and only at night for a short time. It made me wonder if it was some kind of healing happening and how funny that I am going throught all these mentals change , and all the practices and disciplines that I think to be so importante at this stage in my life. I took notes to that effect and did think that it could be only coincidence or maybe it's all related. I don't know , being a vegetarian , not always strict though, may have lessened the symptoms because of possible food that might not help our hormones balances from animal products. Caroline Moss has a great book on that stage , menopause , and recommended to eliminate dairy products and meat before going on hormone therapy if the symptoms are bad. I did not get anything like you discribe but lots of heart chakra energy work all at the same time since last year. Could be all a timing for me to take action in the right direction instead of drowning in false belief of what I am.
    So , yes I do think it might be connected to how we need some work on our chakras , our body and what is holding in, maybe the menopause is a call, a push, a chances for a much needed time to reconnecting with our cellular information stored within.
    I do feel that it did change my view of many things and how I see being a women in a world that put so much value on being at all cost young for ever and not welcome that opportunity to value being more wise.
    Just asking that question and wondering about it , I think it is holding something for you to explorer and go with it to see what your body is saying. So much to come to terms with being suddenly with no more eggs,o_O really ...it hits us harder then we want to think about it ...but what freedom too ...it's all how you want to see it.

5. Karin

Karin Vanguard

I am 46 (47 in a few days), and so far so good menopause-wise I have not noticed anything yet. I had lots of night sweats when I was on Paxil 13 years ago. It was almost nightly, waking up with the whole bed soaked to the point I had to go finish the night elsewhere. It went away when I stopped the medication. So sometimes it can be medication or supplement-induced.

Now I can mention one thing: last summer I was confronted with a drama that brought a lot of hidden stuff to the surface. There was a lot of crying and the following night I woke up burning up with my bed completely soaked. Then I was freezing cold. I cannot tell you if that extreme heat was coming from the third chakra though... The release continued with crying all day the next day. So what I am saying is the night sweat in that case was part of the emotional detox. As I was releasing all the emotion, tears and sweat were flowing.

6. novice

I am very similar. My only symptom is occasional night sweats, and they are fairly mild such that they really don't bother me. I still sleep with a sheet and my usual comforter/duvet. When I wake feeling hot I just push the blanket and sheet down to my hips and I'm fine. No more sweating and I fall back to sleep. When I start feeling chilly I pull the blanket back up to my neck.

I also think this may be a factor. I am a strict vegan (have been for 15 years). My sister loves her meat and potatoes. She struggles with hot flashes and mood swings. However, she has always had strong PMS symptoms. Imagine the stereotypical woman with PMS and that was my sister. Whereas I never had any PMS symptoms. So perhaps ones reaction to menopause may be hinted at based on their PMS symptoms instead of np causes.

I call them night sweats but they are really more like night flashes. The typical night sweat the sheets are soaked from sweat. I'm not nearly that bad. I've been really lucky so far.

Interesting. For several years before menopause started I felt my guide or higher self working on my 3rd Chakra. It was very intense, often on the border between uncomfortable and painful. It always felt like someone opening a firehose full force. I felt this huge rush of energy either coming out of or going into my 3rd chakra, or maybe both. I could nevrr tell. It was also only ever that one Chakra.

7. novice

I agree. I also wonder if menopause makes us face emotions we've been ignoring by messing with our hormones. Maybe a physical push to deal with buried issues.

I had years of my one guide working on me daily. Bringing up stuff I didn't know I had and letting it all out until I felt scraped bare at times. I also felt lighter after each session.

Plume and Karin like this.
  8. subtle traveler

subtle traveler Vanguard

I can offer this, if you are interested or attracted to it.

I work a lot with the sound attunements from Tom Kenyon and the Hathors. They do help me energetically. This is the most recent offering called "Restoration" which I shared with Nameless a couple of weeks ago. The first page explains things, then just follow the links to the sound recording (which is only 9 minutes). You can download the file to your own device(s), if you want.

http://tomkenyon.com/restoration

I discovered a blockage in my heart area when I first started using the recording. It is now gone. My own guidance evidently worked with this recording, as they followed up with me in a confirming dream when the blockage dissipated.

Hope this is helpful.

Plume and novice like this.
  9. Plume

Plume Vanguard

Yes I agree too, I think the connection with the body cycles does influences for changes and if we don't go with the flow or if we resist we maybe messing up the balance that is needed. So maybe symptoms are a sign to pay attention. It's like a chance to get realigned with our true self. Just an observation...
    Tom Kenyon sounds Track might of help me last year to for the heart Chakra. I would recommend it too. :)