Hi everyone,

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Shadow, Feb 8, 2017.

1. jub jub

jub jub Navigator Staff Member

I've been noticing the trend for the last 20 years or more, a gradual warming each Winter. We usually will get a couple of Arctic blasts but this year, nothing. I think it dropped below 0* C one night. It's not even the end of February and the tress are blossoming and the grass needs cutting. It's crazy.

2. Bee

Bee Navigator Staff Member

Yeah, I know what you mean. From twenty years ago I can remember the snow drifts we used to get. Nothing like North America, but we all knew winter was here. Planet earth is changing rapidly. On a kinda related theme...I saw inferno at the w/e. I didn't realise that the fact about the wildlife disappearing was true. :eek: Wtf!?

3. Plume

Plume Trailblazer

We don't have the winters like we use to have for the skidoo lovers, and the ice makes it very hard to go for walks. :cool: it did look like it was going to be all fluffy snow and nice but the rain turned it all in a shiny landscape and when the sun beams on the bare field :rolleyes: it looks like a magical crystal world... got to look at the bright side ;)o_O

4. Bee

Mmm...that's curious. I was talking to my friend in Ontario the other week, said that Toronto was getting lots of snow. Brrrr....just the thought of snow makes me shiver.
    Is it still below freezing there?

:)

5. Plume

Plume Trailblazer

Yeah ...we got the snow and tons of it but it turn into ice within days .:cool: the patterns that we have for I don't know how long ... years maybe ...its a pain and not so fun if you plan winter outing o_O so it was àn easy affair to become an hermit :D and it's turning out to be not so bad ;)

6. Szaxx

Szaxx Navigator

1964 or thereabouts along with 1983 were snow driven winters from memory. The exact year is close to these dates, with drifts 16 feet high on some roads in the 80's my cycling hobby was tested just a tad lol.
    It's warmer now and although a couple of inches fell in an short time recently, it melted away leaving a few over soggy roads.
    The ole days of bob-sleighing in feet of snow haven't appeared since. Being much more susceptible to broken bones now it may be a good thing.

7. subtle traveler

subtle traveler Vanguard

we just finished our 7th year of a drought here in California ... this season is the first restorative rain period that we have had ... it has been great ... I was actually able to seed a new front lawn this season (and it continues to grow well and very green)

given our experience here over the last 7 years in California, there is no doubt in my mind that the sun has changed ... even NASA has documented a polar shift (the south and north poles of our planet changing roles) taking place near 2011 ... since they I have watched all our plants and garden change ... what once grew easily is now destroyed each year by the summer sun ...

our planet has changed in many other ways (and is changing) ... and with the changes now being implemented by our new administration I would not be surprised if something like this happened even more quickly on this planet ...

http://news.stanford.edu/pr/2014/pr-sixth-mass-extinction-072414.html

overall, I do not enjoy the current destruction of our planet (and yes, it is ours ... we have ownership in its livelihood while we are here) ... it is one of the few things that truly dis-hearten's me ...

Plume, Bee and Nameless like this.
  8. Bee

Have you guys watched the film Inferno yet? (Tom Hanks).

9. Plume

Plume Trailblazer

No... but I will when I get to the old age home;) I wont have anythings else to do and by then I may be less ... I dont know less me I guess:confused: but you can tell me what impressed you:D I do like Tom Hanks movies .

10. Shadow

Shadow Sojourner

You've got me thinking here now Plume.
    I visit a few different care homes regularly with my job, and apart from sometimes having day time tv on very often the staff will put dvds on for them . They put good old fashioned love films on. The realy old ones with all the old actors.
    In other words the ones that they remember when they were younger.
    So what happens when the younger generation go into some kind of home? Will they be watching Star Wars? Rambo?The Matrix? Die hard? Aliens?
    TV now I feel is geared mostly towards action, killing, crime, special effects. I dread to think what they would do to me if they were in a bad mood, depressed, confused, meditation affecting them. Already with love films Ive known a couple of people wanting to lift their hand to me.
    Oh Ive just remembered. I wont be around .Im one step ahead of them. Not my problem.

Plume likes this.
  11. Plume

Plume Trailblazer

Hopefely I won't end up in a nursing home o_Obut I sure do appreciate the staff and how devoted they are here for my family members with dementia . Music is probably the most affective entertainment for being in the moment , I do actually look foward to see all those crazy movies though:), I have been out of the loop for more then 20 years ...I mean totally out, I may look at documentaries or talk show like ted talks and a few recommended YouTube from friends ;)... By then I will be a pro and a warrior like type :rolleyes: it's all part of my training with this exploration ....so I can sit without being moved by all the madness :D if it's possible :confused:
    Yes ! way to much violence even in kids movies o_O I did watch a few in the last years with my son , sad stories like Bambi or Hansel and Gretal that was enough to make a mess of My poor Mind ... so I am cleaning up that mess now and I feel I can handle things better.
    I guess being a step ahead is becoming more aware of the other realms and be more familiar with what is real without having to create prefabricated idea from the reality of the entertainment industry. I do think it's got its place but for some it not helpful and that is what I came to realize only after stoping watching anything for so long , only one movie will take me days to get over it. Imagine so many of them every week :eek:
    There was a study or maybe many that does show amazing result to go back and imagine being in the youthful years and immerse fully into all the happening of that time, movies , news , clothing, food and even talk politics like if it was in those exact years. The benefits were mesure and significant enough to make you think how we are so much programming ourself to be old and less healthy and by just thinking we should be old and weak because of our beliefs.
    I do spend some time in the nursing home and it certainly take a strong heart , not for everyone. Amazing what a smile will do even to a poor soul in those homes day after days even if they tell you go to hell ;) ...because your not taking them out of that prison they are in. :D

12. MtnGoat

MtnGoat Navigator

Kindness is a human term and so it is natural for us to designate experiences in terms of our own human orientation. What is leading to more 'rewarding' experiences..more contact with guidance, is about more than kindness. When one is kind, one is in a state that is 'other than' concentric, ego oriented. One is certainly not 'carnal' at the time. I don't like to use the term vibration, but when one is kind, generous, benevolent and so on, one is predisposed to a state other than selfish, self oriented, carnal, or exploitive, or fearful. The later state/ego disposition drives one deeper into awareness of self, and then one is not inclined to be aware of other. The more one can become detatched from self the greater the opportunity to be with other. After all what is happening when one is kind? Is it partially empathy, sympathy, compassion? These are aspects of the recognition of welfare/need of others and not self-oriented.

In that 'other' world(s) many are there in service, whether that pertains to helping humans, or assisting other aspects of the Universe. In that 'other' world many are plural beings and/or individuals that work in concert. One thing that gives those non-human beings/individuals cohesion is that they share in common mind resulting from common purpose. When one is 'kind' etc one becomes more aligned with such purposes of greater or higher beings and one then has available to them then, connections to the common mind of those just described.

So it is certainly good to be kind etc, but what does kindness mean at a deeper and cosmologic level? Here lies the key to why guidance becomes more available; to continue leading one into the purposes and common mind of higher powers is what I will loosely call them.

Last edited: May 26, 2017
    Shu-Man, Nameless, Bee and 1 other person like this.