Helpful Advice (this is good)

Discussion in 'Methods and Techniques' started by subtle traveler, Jul 9, 2016.

1. subtle traveler

subtle traveler Vanguard

Just some quick background, Patty Ray Avalon (in addition to her own work) has assisted William Buhlman when he instructs at the Monroe Institute (for several years now). She often credits Buhlman directly and specifically with advancing both her knowledge and experience of out-of-body travel and its mechanics (e.g., she does this in the 2nd video below), so her advice in this article comes with a lot of experience. It is general but very good.

https://www.monroeinstitute.org/blog/how-become-more-successful-consciousness-explorer

If interested, Avalon's biographical and other information are linked at the end of the TMI article. I did not initially include it here, because I figured that people would read it (if interested) when following the link. I have additionally recently discovered an interview with Patty Ray Avalon where she provides several descriptions of important turning points and developments in her physical life. It includes history of her introduction to TMI and Buhlman.

http://tinyurl.com/hrdcd6j

Finally, while Patty may take on many roles at TMI, both she and Buhlman are listed as "guest trainers" on the TMI web site.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2016
    Karin, Plume and Shu-Man like this.
  2. MtnGoat

MtnGoat Voyager

Patty Ray Avalon has been has been working at TMI for over 15 years now. She is a residential trainer, guest trainer, and works with the Professional Division. One often finds her down at the main campus office building. For courses that offer private booth sessions, Patty will often run the console, supervising those custom sessions. She assists with a number of campus activities. She also a member of a number of organizations that TMI initiatives have been integrating with.

She has an extensive background: Shamanism, Pathwork Bioenergetics, and she is also an accomplished artist. She has also produced some of her own CD Sets at TMI, namely Creativity Unleashed and Positively Ageless. She is recently also Program Director of two full course that I know of: Creativity Unleashed along with EnergyBody, also a full course.

Like Patty Avalon, people such as Paul Elder, Joe Gallenberger, Franceen King, Joe McMoneagle, Lee Stone (sort of retiring) and several others are "residential trainers".

William Buhlhman is a "guest" trainer for the OBE course.

Shu-Man and Karin like this.
  3. Karin

Karin Vanguard

I've used Patty Ray Avalon's binaural beat guided meditation CD "Inner States Dawning of Awareness", since January 2013 and liked it a lot, especially "The Limitless Self" track on there. I always recommend that one when people ask me what binaural beats to use because that's what I started with based on a recommendation of Dr. Eben Alexander in his book "Proof of Heaven", and I feel it was very useful to me.

subtle traveler likes this.
  4. subtle traveler

subtle traveler Vanguard

Yeah, much like Eben Alexander, I have found her helpful.

And besides ... she's hot! :rolleyes:

Karin likes this.
  5. Karin

Karin Vanguard

LOL! Isn't that often a big motivating factor! :D:rolleyes:

subtle traveler likes this.
  6. MtnGoat

MtnGoat Voyager

Two Topics:

First:
    Sometimes with TMI's guided CDs, different people like some voices better than others. In addition to Patty's voice, Joe Gallenberger is another person with a great voice as he has an extremely soothing voice. He has a single CD with two tracks on his Manifestation album. As an aside, Joe is the person that designed the MC Square program that is a 5 days course at TMI. I know two people that, taking that course, did succeed in bending spoons. The Manifestation CD has one track that is instructional. The second track guides on into their own free time manifestation goals.

Second:
    I found this link to a free PDF download of one of Dr. Jerry Allan Johnson's manuals. This PDF is an introduction to the history and mysticism of Daoist. It can be a very interest to read since he is a very good writer and being American he relates well; much is still in Chinese. The PDF would be a cheap way to get an idea what QiGong's roots are about since his manuals can be expensive to acquire. Johnson also publishes much that other masters will not mention or teach, partly because it can take a lot of time to come to understand QiGong along with the associated Traditional Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture arts.

Reading the first several pages and skipping through, one quickly sees that very much, or all of the ideas in modern esoteric thinking has actually been around for thousands of years; just hidden as the masters protected their techiques and the West is still fairly new to Eastern thinking besides what is popularized.

http://thekingdomwithin.net/wp-cont...Incantations-Hand-Seals-And-Star-Stepping.pdf

Shu-Man, Karin and Plume like this.
  7. Plume

Plume Vanguard

Very good link, I started to read it. Thank you for finding and sharing this MtnGoat .
    I also was thinking about the sound track from Monroe institute for people in a nursing home. The link show how some cd are been in use for healing and calming , I thought that it was a good idea to introduce this to my elderly family with dementia , The music is a good therapies but why not try something a bit deeper.

8. MtnGoat

MtnGoat Voyager

at TMI, there is a women named Susan Smily. She has been cataloging all the history, research history, and various hemisync used in all their autism, learning, healing, meditative applications, etc etc over the years beginning back from Bob"s years to nearly present day. She also catalogued all the research replies from the Professional program that had field results in those and many areas. She then catalogued the applications with hemisync music available now from TMI.

That resource book is recently published, "Adventures in Hemisync-Sync Consciousness Applications, Experiences, and Benefits". She also had a thumb drive loaded with data that is a second resource. Generally it is offered to those in the Professional program, but I believe anyone could call to acquire it. Denise at the TMI bookstore would likely give you Ms. Smileys email if you wished to write here for a better explanation of the book's contents. (9maybe I have it somewhere I'll look too)

Ms Smiley accomplished a huge task in cataloging it all. There is likely information there that may be useful to you.

I tried to upload a photo of her book cover from my photo library, not sure it went

Attached Files:

Shu-Man likes this.
  9. MtnGoat

MtnGoat Voyager

Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
    Plume likes this.
  10. Plume

Plume Vanguard

Thank you so much again very helpful :)and I certainely will get in touch with her to get an idea of what I should start with in my experience with elderly. I think it would be nice to introduce this type of meditation to people with Alzeimer and dementia.
    I wanted to go to the Monroe institute for so many years but traveling is not so easy with my schedule and working for myself for all my life I just don't seem to make the sacrifice to go away unless it is for work or family that need to have travel companion.
    Must of been nice experience to go there and be with cool researcher.

11. MtnGoat

MtnGoat Voyager

It may be also helpful to contact someone in the Profession Division that is doing what you are interested in. What is the Professional Division? Once into the advance courses people are invited to join the Profession Division. TMI will provide free resources for that interested party's interests. What TMI asks is that a person provide some sort of report or study that gives them feedback on the use of the hemi-sync (I think they want feedback something like once/year) and the membership fee is only $100 or so. One doesn't have to publish in some journal; it's pretty informal, just a report to TMI. I've met many clinical therapist, pyschologists, and 2 physicians at the courses I've attended so there are people that are interesting in "what-else" hemi-sync can do. And I don't think you really need to take advance courses to get into the Professional Division, but without at least the Gateway course it would be hard to have many ideas how to apply hemi-sync though.

Patty Ray Avalon ( avalon.pattyray@gmail.com ) may know of someone that is already trying to address aspects of the aging population as you describe. I would guess there are people in the Division, Patty Ray may know - or she may contact the other Division staffers to inquire - what people are out there doing what you are interested in.

To clarify, at the TMI site the Profession Division people that may direct you and are only the staff at TMI. There are likely dozens to hundreds of people in the Division that have only attended TMI and are researching - that's the group I think would help you. Hopefully some Division staff at TMI may know exactly who has been reporting in on your topic. At least Ms Smiley and/or Patty, would know who is the central coordinator at TMI receiving and cataloging the reports; that's where the connections would be I think.

Plume likes this.
  12. Plume

Plume Vanguard

Well ! again thank you Mntgoat for this info, I did read about it On the studies that are done and what a great way to introduce it in homes. I will ask the question and I am sure that if I show a initiative to keep a records of the benefit for elderly I will be guided to the how. You are well inform on the about at the institute, nice to read your experience. I will let you know how I will be coming along with this.

13. MtnGoat

MtnGoat Voyager

Glad to help.....
    B

14. subtle traveler

subtle traveler Vanguard

More helpful advice ... a very brief 'Q&A Panel' with Skip Atwater, William Buhlman and Patty Ray Avalon last month by the producers of the Path Series ...