Gamma oscillations

Discussion in 'Philosophical, Scientific and (Para-)Psychological' started by Karin, Jul 24, 2015.

1. Karin

Karin Vanguard

~ Seen on the I-MAX screen of the sK-EYE ~

A bunny and a smiley one. :)

CloudS.jpg CloudbS.jpg

A fish... with nose holes? o_O

SkyS.jpg

SkybS.jpg

2. Karin

Karin Vanguard

Remember the embarrassing trick the Universe pulled on me a year ago, when I posted cloud pictures on Facebook in which I saw a bunny head shape, then friend pointed out there was something X-rated to be seen here... And at the same time as I had been photographing these clouds I had also been photographing a bee head-first in a flower next to me, adding even more dimensions to the joke. Everyone laughed a lot at these "head-in-the-flower" sights, and I did too even though I also felt a tad bit like an idiot. Original post at this LINK.

Well today I noticed that these flowers have started blooming again, so I took a few pictures, and what is there? A smiley face in the background! Is that a smirk from the Universe? BOOM, seeing that smirk brought back the above memories... :rolleyes:

FlowersS.jpg

Plume likes this.
  3. Karin

Karin Vanguard

~ Story-time Interlude ~

And the alien prince was masterfully piloting his purple flying saucer through the exotic plant life of this mysterious planet he had just discovered...

SaucerS.jpg

Plume and Nameless like this.
  4. Plume

Plume Vanguard

Look like a little space ships :D

Karin likes this.
  5. Karin

Karin Vanguard

~ Seen this week on the I-MAX screen of the sK-EYE ~

Dragons

Dragon4S.jpg Dragon4bS.jpg

Dragon3S.jpg Dragon3bS.jpg

Sun-admiring one

SunS.jpg SunbS.jpg

Pegasus

PegasusS.jpg PegasusbS.jpg

Plume likes this.
  6. Plume

Plume Vanguard

Is that Pegasus ? I have that image on my alter for representing a totem animal that I would like. Love the Dragons!!!

Karin likes this.
  7. Karin

Karin Vanguard

Yes it looks like Pegasus to me! Interesting you have it on your altar! :eek:

8. Karin

Karin Vanguard

~ Assassin Fly stories ~

A couple months ago I had never heard of robber flies - aka assassin flies - and now I see them everywhere. Amazing flying and killing skills, will kill a dragonfly in flight, from what I heard.

First one I saw was April 15:

Insect2S.jpg

Then May 11th these two were flying in front of me in this posture. Difficult to miss them. Then they landed for my picture-taking convenience.

Robberfly1S.jpg Robberfly2S.jpg

Then two days ago, that one was flying in front of me again and landed in a few cool poses:

1. Front view with a green bunny in the background? o_O

FlyS.jpg

2. The creature and its shadow.

Bug2S.jpg

3. The product of an overactive imagination... Mr. Fly might be too late because she already looks very pregnant to me... :rolleyes:

Bug3S.jpg Bug3bS.jpg

Last edited: May 20, 2017 at 5:36 PM
  9. Karin

Karin Vanguard

OMG LMAO, it just occurred to me to google "robber flies" now and I see they are also called "ASSASSIN flies".... o_O

I am going to edit the above with "Assassin fly stories" instead of "Robber fly stories"... :D

Plume likes this.
  10. Karin

Karin Vanguard

It was hot in the house so I checked the thermostat and it showed 82F even though the AC was set at 78F. So I went in the garage to check the AC machine, and what was right there in front of the door, just like last time? Another lizard couple! Third one! :eek:

Hot in the house and hot in the garage! :rolleyes: Mirror, mirror. :D No hand-holding this time though... ;)

LizardS.jpg

AC failure in FL is NOT a pleasant thing, especially not on Saturday night...

The AC repair guy was just here and he could not believe there was a nest with babies right on the AC machine. Ha ha ha. In his whole career he had never seen that. He took a bunch of pictures of hungry babies. :D The problem was the condensation water outlet was clogged and so the water was backing up, tripping the system.

Morale of the story: sometimes when it gets too hot the central cooling fails... Make sure everything is flowing freely, or watch out for self-combustion.

Bee, Nameless and Plume like this.
  11. Karin

Karin Vanguard

Fits with the "hot-on-Saturday-night" theme... And 3:33 long for good measure!

Plume likes this.
  12. Karin

Karin Vanguard

Showing a lady your big truck
    Can bring a guy good luck
    [Third line of rhyme censored]

Lizard1S.jpg Lizard2S.jpg

Bee and Plume like this.
  13. Karin

Karin Vanguard

~ This week-end Nature Synchronistic Sights ~

A trinity dragonfly - orb - green heart [​IMG]

Dragonfly2S.jpg

Two leaf buddies hanging out :)

LeavesS.jpg LeavesbS.jpg

A heart-shaped rock [​IMG]

StoneS.jpg

"Greetings, humans!" :D

FlowerS.jpg

A fly on my leg with the letters "IB" on its wings? o_O

FlyS.jpg

A butterfly bottoms-up, with the back of its wings looking like a bird? :)

Butterly4S.jpg

Mirror, mirror
    As above so below
    And at the interface between both, a little white spiral... ;)

DragonflyS.jpg

Plume and Bee like this.
  14. Karin

Karin Vanguard

That's a first! :eek: I just saw two similar cloud scenes at two different locations, one hour apart! :eek:

Hands-up!

Cloud18Sb.jpg Cloud18SS.jpg

Cloud19S.jpg Cloud19bS.jpg

Plume likes this.
  15. Plume

Plume Vanguard

That is interesting o_O jeez! Need to watch the sky a little closer. :pLooks like kids having fun :)

Karin likes this.
  16. Karin

Karin Vanguard

A year after my avatar, I felt like drawing another one, female this time. :)

SassaniS.jpg

Plume likes this.
  17. Plume

Plume Vanguard

I like that you have a flower and that the complementary colour is with the background :)

Karin likes this.
  18. Karin

Karin Vanguard

Oh yes, that's right! I had not thought of that! Actually I very rarely draw but when I do what comes out is often not what I planned. I had planned for a kind of pink/lilac background and a yellow flower, but whatever the paint color ended up being when I mixed violet and red and white is what you get here... :rolleyes: I am so not an expert, I should take classes.

At least it's better than last one I did just before Halloween: I had planned to do another Sassani portrait and it ended up as a red-skinned yellow-eyed horned demon late at night. :eek: Morale of the story: don't try to paint any tricksters just before Halloween. :D

19. Plume

Plume Vanguard

You dont need a course just lots of practice and like you said if its not to your liking make another one. :D Never be afraid to scrape it no attachment also Paint on big paper or canvas ones, it as an experience that brings out other perceptive that is fun and liberating. More a body expression.

Karin likes this.
  20. Plume

Plume Vanguard

Oh! Just notice the little green stem, nice touch. :D

Karin likes this.