Buddhist Monk Describes Projection

Discussion in 'Non-Physical Experiences' started by cittanupassana, Apr 11, 2008.

1. Karin

Karin Vanguard

No. I had the first spontaneous one in the spring 2014, and I had the second one a few weeks later, and since then about once or twice a month in average. It's been evolving since the first ones, very variable in terms of what I experience (environment, lucidity, clarity, duration, etc...). In my case (and keep in mind we are all different), what works is to meditate in bed for an hour or two in the middle of the night, after 3 or 4 hours of sleep. It does not work each time, and it is has a high cost in terms of missing valuable sleep. Anyways, if you're interested, it's all described in my journal at this link: http://www.explorations-in-consciousness.com/forums/index.php?threads/karin’s-astral-journal.3023/

2. blossom

blossom Sojourner

I'll do it. I'm a housewife with time on my hands... I 'll read your link.

3. subtle traveler

subtle traveler Vanguard

Hi Jenn .. I am guessing you are in Australia?

I can share that I had my first OBE about 30 days after reading Buhlman's 'Secrets of the Soul', which was early this year. I consider myself a newbie also. My first OBE was also from meditation. Before going to bed and falling asleep, I was working my chakras and practicing the Rose Way Meditation.

I know of others in the OBE community where it took them years to have their first OBE, so you are not alone in that type of experience. And there is certainly nothing wrong with that. It simply means that there is an opportunity to learn something new about ourselves.

I have noticed you mentioning your tree meditation in some of your posts, and I had one observation about that. Buhlman talks about one technique, called the 'Target Technique'. There is more information about that here:

http://www.astralinfo.org/astral-projection-methods/

Your tree meditation may be having a similar effect. btw, meditation is great point to start an OBE or phasing from. Jurgen Ziewe, a very well respected OBE author, started his OBE's from a meditation practice.

4. blossom

blossom Sojourner

I'll check out the target meditation. thanks. And actually I'm in grand ole Arkansas.. !!

Last edited: Sep 7, 2015
  5. deric

deric Seeker

I used to read these books by a Buddhist monk -a lot of stuff on astral travel and other occults arts. So I was working on getting obe's. One night I 'dreamed' I was in this basement room-code for sub-conscious maybe. Looking out the window I saw someone coming maybe two of them with an old style lantern swinging it back and forth. Then I felt hands under my arms lifting me up I assume out of my body. I panicked and they released their grip. How sad. I think if I had learned astral travel way back then what I might have done with this current incarnation. I find extraterrestrials and ufo's fascinating. Wouldn't it be great to be able to go oob and see who and what they are. I wonder if they are a people who managed to avoid self destruction by war and global warming and disease and continued to advance. Now they can traverse light years in near zero time. You can read the accounts of the ufo attacks on river boats and an Australian war ship in Viet Nam-the Hobart incident where allied forces fired on two disk craft as did two F4 fighter jets. Some time later maybe hours the Hobart was hit by a missile which they found from debris to be the same missile from the jets. The same with the fire from the river boat machine guns. They were hit by the same rounds as they shot. Time manipulation?

Shu-Man likes this.